lunes, 2 de marzo de 2009

Entry nº 9: Winter Sunset

My journey from home to the institute lasts about one hour so I usually spend two hours travelling by bus per day. In one of my trips from home to the institute, where I have to be some minutes before 7p.m. because 7p.m. rings the bell to get in and start the first lesson, I stared out the bus window and realized something I had never percieved before.
It was about 7p.m. when I took the bus (this day I had classes 20 minutes past 8p.m.) while I was on the bus I looked out the window and all the trip I kept looking outside. It was a cold cloudy Autumn afternoon. I realized that at this moment of the day, it gets grey and every colour changes it natural tone, at least that is what my eyes percieved, greens were not green any more, neither brown, yellow, red or blue or even white all the colours were different tones of grey and black. This happened in the moment where the sky was full of clouds and the sunlight had gonne away. It wasn’t night yet so there was some clarity but it wasn’t enough.
During the trip I was glancing at my cellphone in order to be aware of the time. In a way I timed the process of getting completely dark an it happened from 7p.m. to more or less 8p.m. Once it got dark and the stars started to appear in the sky, though there were still some clouds coverig them, the colours changed again. Now everything was dark, to be more especific everything was black except for the few stars that I could see. Now it was night.
But I kept that previous grey image in my mind. The landscape before night and after daylight, that period of time when the world seem to be made of steel but it doesn’t shine neither is dark. It is grey like an old picture. I thought for that moment that the world had stopped although the bus was moving. It seemed as if outside someone would have pressed pause the moment I took the bus and when the night came the same being had press start again.

No hay comentarios: