lunes, 2 de marzo de 2009

Entry nº 40: We are all beautiful

Beauty is the eye of the beholder? Yes, I really believe that. Otherwise, I wouldn´t be married. I do not fit the parameters of modern beauty but I am loved by my husband, by my family and by my friends. Those who appreciate me, they do so because they have accepted the whole package with my faults and my gifts.
I am not perfect, nobody is, but I know when someone is sincere and loves me and I easily recognise those who pretend to like me but they don’t. I don’t care about them bacause I am conscious that not everyone will like me and I won’t like everybody. But I try to keep myself quite appart of those who I don’t like for two main reasons. First because I do not want to pretend and lie about what I feel and think just to be accepted. And second, because I have a kind of six sense that makes me feel when someone is not a good person and I feel a rejection almost at first glance. That is how I establish boundaries or relationships with people I meet.
Nowadays many young people establish these bonds by their apparences. Youngsters are divided in many different urban tribes that are formed by teens who wear the same style of fashion in clothes and hairstyles, they listen to the same characteristic music and so on. These tribes are the reflexion of the multiple social weaknesses that characterize our world such as materialism, consumerism, lack of hope for a better world, loneliness, abandonment, lack of oportunities, discrimination, etc.
It is sad how young people is becoming more hopeless and stupid nowadays, because if they do not have real valves to guide their lives what is going to become of human race the next century? The society and I mean teachers and parents particularly have to prevent the ruin of our future. We must teach them and give them the attention they need because a TV or computer screen is not able to educate and give love to our children.
I think teenagers behave that way because they want to call our attention so that they expose themselves and put themselves in dangerous, and violent situations so often. They need our guidance and protection with boundaries well settled, and priorising their education and rising with spiritual values not material values. Money, beauty and youth will pass but our souls will be always loved and will live for ever in the hearts of those who met us.

No hay comentarios: