lunes, 2 de marzo de 2009

Entry nº 14: My personal relaxing therapy

I have multiple relaxing tips but the one which always works no matter how down or angry I feel or how tired or nervous I feel is listening to music and if I feel like, singing and when I am really up I usually do my own show by adding some dancing steps to the whole show. Believe it or not the saying that says “music calm the beasts” really works for me, It is not that I am a beast, but I mean the beast fears inside me. And the bad temper and sadness get reduced, or even forgotten while I listen to music. In what respect to what kind of music I listen to, I must confess that it depends on how I feel like in that very moment. Some of my favourite styles are rock from the 80’s, techno, pop and soft from the 80’s and 90’s. Footloose, Fame, Flashdance or songs from Lionel Ritchie, Richard Marx, Madonna, Whitney Huston, among other interpreters. This music can swich something inside that makes me feel relaxed and recover the good mood. And I have to confess also that Spanish soft song “romanticos” are also my favourites, the problem is that though I love singing and I do it with all my heart, I do not sing very well so my poor neighbours have to deal with my ups and downs. May be I shall buy them some ear protectors like those that swimmer use in order to help them to bear my torturing singing. Another thing to take into account in case you are thinking in moving near my house is that those musical therapies can take place in any moment from late in the evening, or siesta time, or during lunch or every early in the morning.
My performances can be in English or Spanish it is unpredictable. Sometimes a DVD or a MP3 thatlasts that lasts 6 or 7 hours will be played day by day during weeks. All this may so sound a bit crazy than therapeutic but it really works. So follow my advice, try listening to music, dance, sing and to do it all will give you strength and will shake your body, mind and soul getting away the bad feelings and the worries in you. Prove it and tell me if it worked for you too.

No hay comentarios: