lunes, 3 de septiembre de 2007

Entry n 47: Fail

I am running out of time to reach the dead line settled by the Language teacher, I have difficulties to complete the amount of work that he asks us to do.
The main problem that I usually have to complete the weekly task is that I am running out of topics to write about in my entries. Many of the topics that were suggested by him are not interesting for me, or at least they do not cause any inspiration to me in order to develope them by writing.
I think that all this work has not helped me very much on improving my vocabulary and my writing skills, what has been proved with the two important failures that I have obtained up to this moment in what respect to the progress that I was suppossed to acquire in Language.
On the on hand I failed the first practico that consisted on a pro-con essay, and on the other hand I also failed the essay of the first semestral test.
Although I still have the possibility of passing it in the make-up test, I am very disappointed with these failures that I do not think I will pass this test.
I am terrified of losing the whole next year just because of one subject, having in mind that I passed the rest of the subjects that have already finished and are part of the third year curriculum. In fact I am doing quite well those subjects which have not finished yet, except for Language III.
The main problem is that I thought I was doing my best to fulfil the requirements established to pass the subject, but obviously there is something that I am not doing so well. That is why I fear I will lose my “regularidad” in this subject.
I really want ot progress in Language because it is one of the most important subjects of the curriculum, but I think that the work we do in class is not enough. The worst thing is that I do not have money enough to pay for a tutor to help me.
What is more, I have been investing too much money in this subject to take it again next year, if I do not pass it this year.
Apart from that there is a quite important fact that related to the failures of studentes in this class. I am not the only one who has failed in both the practico and the test, a great number of students (almost the whole group) in my class is in the same situation than me.
Therefore I wonder if the students` failures are their own responsability or there is something else that is not working as well as should be, I think that in cases like this there is also a failure in the teacher`s work.

No hay comentarios: