viernes, 22 de junio de 2007

Entry nº 33

Anecdote

The first time I went to Capilla Del Monte in Cordoba it was during summer vacations when I was about six years old. I went there with my mother; we stayed in a hotel together with her work partners so I was the only child among a large group of adults.
There were a lot of things to do and see, for example you could take a ride on a horse or even on a donkey and or spend the daytime near the river having a barbecue, swimming, walking at the side of the river or gather around some improvised musician listening folklore songs that he would play on his guitar.At night the streets were crowded, and one thing that really struck me was that a long roof covered one of the streets in which pedestrians could walk.
As this city is in a valley there are very attractive landscapes and places to visit. One of the places of interest is a big rock with the shape of a shoe where every turist went to take photographs.Another place highly visited by tourists is a small hill called Cerro Uritorco where many sights of U.F.O.s were reported and people said that if you climb to the top of the hill you would see a huge mark on the soil with the shape of a circule. My mother bought an old newspaper that published a notice about it and a description of the appearance of an alien seen in that place some years before.
A particular characteristic of that city is that all the streets are like a slide and if you walk fast you can falldown so, it was a bit dangerous to go out for a walk.
The weather was lovely, and as it is a very energetic place to go to take a rest and recover your physical and mental energy, many old people and those who had health problems used to go there.
The last time I went to Cordoba was also with my mum and with my family when I was eleven years old, but in that moment we visited another cities near this city, certainly all of them are similar but I still prefer Capilla Del Monte because this is the nicest and peaceful place that I have ever visited.

No hay comentarios: