viernes, 22 de junio de 2007

Entry nº 19

When I listen to old music like those soft Spanish songs from the 60s, 70s and 80s, I remember my childhood. That music that my mum acostumed to listen in the mornings and so she made me listen and enjoy. The time when I didn´t have any corry or responsability other than doing my homework.All my world was resumed in going from my home to school and the other way round, alternating this routine with the playing time when I used to join with my neighbours and we used to invent games and wander around the block. But always with the condition that I had finished my homework before going out.
When I listen some Tango songs I remember that time when the whole family was closer than nowadays. Every Sunday all my relatives used to go to my grandmother`s home to have lunch and we used to stay until noon. While we were having lunch we used to watch the television program called Grandes Valores del Tango because the adults especially my grandmother love listening Tango. I remember that my grandma`s backyard was the playground of all her grandchildren and as it was full of trees, fruits and animals like hens, dogs and cats we used to travel to multiple imaginary worlds on that huge paradise.
Some special old songs dedicated to the fathers have always made me feel sad because I remember my own father who lived with my mum and me only until I was 3 years old and then he left us, he splited up with my mum and at the same time with me because since then I saw him two or three times a year until he died when I was 18. Although I know he loved me and he knew I loved him too, I still feel an empty space on my heart when I think of him.
As I love listening to music most than anything else, music has always been part of my life and every single moment has its own song to be remembered. Even when I feel sad or worried the only thing that keeps me calm and comforts me is music, but the sort of music that touches me most is English soft music from the 70s, 80s and 90s. Music in English has a special meaning for me that few songs in Spanish have. And that is one of the main reasons that I have for learning English. Listening to music in English made me willing to learn this language in order to understand the meaning of the lyrics.

No hay comentarios: