viernes, 22 de junio de 2007

Entry nº 31

I’m in two minds about...

I’m in two minds about having a child. This has been a frequent topic of conversation between my husband and me since we got married fourteen months ago.
Every time we talk about it both of us express our points of view. He is really excited about having a baby but I am always telling him the disadvantages of this, and my position is so strong that at last he changes his mind.
Although from the bottom of my heart I really want to have a child, in fact this has been my dream since I was a child, this is not a good idea at this moment because I am studying and I would have to give up if I had a baby.
We are too young indeed. I think we should enjoy our life together as a couple and we need to grow up a little more before taking such a decision. A baby would bring an important change in our life styles. Babies need special attention and care that we are not prepared to give yet.
In fact, we do not have a house of our own. We are living in a rented flat that is not comfortable for raising a child. The flat has no elevator and we live on the third floor, so it would be tiring to go down stairs and then up stairs carrying a baby in my arms, for example.
I am sure we are going to be very good parents but we have to be patient and not hurry things up.

No hay comentarios: