viernes, 22 de junio de 2007

Entry nº 30

Review: A Chinese Restaurant

The first time I went to a Free Fork Chinese Restaurant was six years ago, when my step-father took me there to celebrate the birth of my baby brother Gonzalo.
It was a sort of auto service system, where you could choose helpings from multiple dishes as many times as you wanted. There was food from different countries, for example, Chinese food, South American food and Italian food among others.
There were also different kinds of home made sauces, salads and desserts. All the food was served on some kinds of long tables divided in little metal containers on one side of the room. On the other side there were chairs and tables where everybody sat and enjoyed their meals.
Drinks were a bit expensive, but it is reasonable if you take into account that you could eat everything you wanted as much times as you wanted just for $9 per person.
That night I ate Octopus for the first time in my life. I enjoyed it very much and I also tried many different desserts.
When I came back two years ago, I found the place closed with a note in the main door that said “Closed by the Public Health Service”.

No hay comentarios: