jueves, 26 de abril de 2007

Entry n 7: Something that happened to me that made me angry then but now seems funny

Las Saturday I had to look for some information on the internet, download it and print it in order to prepare an oral presentation on next Monday. As I do not know very well how to use a computer or to look for information on the internet. I always lose to much time to do this kind of work but last Saturday was especially much more difficult because the topic that I chose to give my oral presentation is drugs problems among young people.
I thought it would be easy to find this information in the newspapers that we usually visit on the internet, but for my disgust it was not, so that I spent more than three hours surffing the net in search of some current article to use in my presentation. While I was sitted without moving in front of the screen of the computer a started to get me really up set because the information that I was founded was not as useful as I would have liked , but the last straw that made me really angry, almost to the point of hating my teacher for have given us such expensive and losing-time task, was the fact that when I tried to copy all the information I couldn´t do it. First my disckette was spoilt, then my cd had something wrong so I couldn´t use it neither, so I had to buy a new one thanksfully in the cyber they sold me one, and when I thought I had copied everything into this new cd I asked the lady in charge of cut my connection but then I realized I had not been successful when I tried to send the information from the computer to the cd and burnt it, I mean to copy it.
The worst thing was that when the lady cut the connection, the computer was reinitiated and all the information was lost.
Actually I got furious because I had been losing my time and I had spent so much money on it and money is a need for me, I really can´t afford wasting money in internet when I can´t make the ends meet and I know that before the end of the month I will be in serious monetary problems because of this.
So I felt so frustrated and angry that tears went out of my eyes. I know this reaction was inmature and stupid but I thought I couldn´t have the presentation prepared for next Monday and as my career is the most important thing for me, it was the main reason of my tears.
When I got calmed I did it again later and I finally got some information but I spent another amount of money on it. I do not think of it as funny but I know I shouldn´t have cryed.

No hay comentarios: